Parrish & Grove Botanicals
25-30 hours/week. Regular performance reviews with potential for growth. Bonuses available.
Start date: June 19 2018
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to chelsea @ parrishandgrove.com by June 1st.
If you have questions send us an email, but please, no phone calls.
Parrish & Grove is a progressive employer and encourages everyone with a passion for plants and flowers to apply!
We are hiring !
We are looking for an experienced retail employee that wants to work in a dynamic and beautiful space and that loves people, plant-people, and plants. Employee will be the friendly face of the storefront. Drawing on personal knowledge and making an effort to research and learn more, this employee will be able to answer questions and help our customers find the right plant for their space. This employee will also be responsible for maintaining the shop, and ensuring our system runs smoothly.
Employee will also:
- Manage flower deliveries
- Assist in floral processing and design as needed
- Merchandise the shop to keep it looking clean fresh
- Organize mail, special orders, contracts, and other data for tracking orders
- Track inventory monthly and report to store owners for ordering
- Communicate supplies needed to the owners weekly, and communicate daily happenings to owners via email and face-to-face meetings
- Provide a friendly, accessible resource for questions
- Pot plants and assist in terrarium creation for customers
- Monitor and run the POS for our neighboring shop at slower times.
- Assist and potentially lead workshops on various plant care and floral arrangement topics
- Clean store by sweeping, dusting, and taking out trash after every shift
- Strong, friendly, and helpful customer service skills
- Creativity and desire to work with plants and flowers
- Proven ability and skill or prior work experience
- Retail work experience
- Flexibility and ability to take initiative
- Managerial experience in retail shop
- Sales experience with a small business
- Floral design background (please explain in resume or cover letter)
- Graphic design and ability to create graphic materials
- Knowledge of houseplants and plant care